Friday, December 21, 2012

My Grown Up Christmas Wish


Every man is a child at heart (at least I am) and no matter how old you are, there's something about Christmas that brings out the little boy excitement of yester years. Waking up on Christmas day and rushing to the Christmas tree to find under it boxes beautifully and perfectly wrapped with your name on it was the best feeling ever. The funny thing is I never ever got what I wanted for Christmas, but I always got something and that was what mattered and what made Christmas special.

I remember this one time I wished for a wireless remote controlled helicopter and got a remote controlled car that transformed into a robot instead. It was far from my wish but I still loved it and took it everywhere I went. My sister Zorin had it rough that year, she had asked for a Barbie doll house but she got a robot that emitted smoke from its mouth (the smoke that came out didn’t smell too good either). Imagine her disappointment, from Barbie doll house to a damn robot. Santa must have been smoking weed on Christmas eve for that kind of shit to happen. 

This year, since my work schedule has been rather tight, I didn’t have time to buy any gift for any of my family, not even my grandmother, not even myself! Yes I have nothing new this year, and it’s kinda sad how work can eat up your personal life (I’m just happy to be home with family spending some quality time). So I decided that this year I’m just going to make a wish list and maybe He will see how hard the year has been on me and make my wishes come true. 

But there’s a trick to convince Him to have pity on you and grant you these wishes, and I’m going share that secret with you. Now the trick is that every time you ask God for a gift or a wish, you should follow a simple but effective rule. Imagine He gets billions of wishes everyday maybe every minute and for Him to even consider yours as a priority to grant it, the chances are slim. Ahhhh but all hope is not lost my friends, just follow my simple advice. In your list of wishes, the first wish is like a preview of the whole list, so always make it the most unselfish heart warming one. One that makes the reader go 'awwwwwwww'. the kind of 'awwwww' when you see a cute baby or a cat.


Just follow my lead and you’ll do just fine.
My Grown up Christmas wishes:
  • I wish all the poor people in the world had money to buy warm clothes and food this winter (awwwwwwwww)
  • I wish I would get paid more/ get a raise
  • On the 23 of December I want to meet my wife to be
  • I wish petrol prices would get lower
  • I wish I had enough money to buy the Range Rover Evoque
  • I wish I was a better musician
  • I wish I could stop smoking
  • I wish I would stop aging
  • I wish I could lose some weight 
  • I wish I had more time to spend with my family especially my grandmother
  • I wish my shoe racks had more shoes
  • I wish I had more perfume
  • I wish I could be done with my student loan, which I have been paying forever
  • I wish I could play basketball and football again (for real not on my xbox)
  • I wish people would stop branding me as a player just because I hangout with players
  • I wish my best friends Salim and John were still alive (miss you much buddies)
  • I wish I was a little less stubborn and a little more matured 
  • I wish E.L James would stop writing novels
  • I wish my buddy Joseph finally gets a girlfriend
So there it is my grownup Christmas wishes. See how I started and ended with a selfless wish? That's how you do it! As you can see I have some very selfish wishes, so for a list to end with those lessens the chances of the list of wishes being granted. That's why you always end it with a selfless one. in simple words start with the 'awwwwww' and end with an 'awwwwww'. (This tip comes free of charge as it's Christmas time).
Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and I hope all your wishes come true!


No comments: